Friday 9 August 2013

Journey to health

I have recently started using a thermomix and since then have also started following people on Facebook to get recipe ideas. There is a common theme for a desire to eat foods closer to their natural form, free of preservatives and anything artificial. I have been continuously inspired by people's creativity with developing recipes and the wealth of information available.

Reflecting on my own food habits I have come to realise how un-educated I am and that I have a lot of bad habits that I need to eliminate from my life. I am hoping to use this blog to hold myself accountable for my food choices since if I write that I know something is bad for me and then continue to consume it - how bad does that look?

For example - I have recently been learning about how bad cool drink is for us. Don't get me wrong I was not living under the assumption that it had any nutritional value but now I realise just HOW terrible the stuff is. It would be foolish of me with this new-found knowledge to then turn around and purchase some coke. But it is still a habit of mine when I am tired I think I need some coke to get the caffeine, although it is my hope by starting this blog I will be held accountable by you the reader (whoever you may be).

It is my plan to write a daily entry of exactly what I have eaten & how I am feeling and what new habits I am working on. This has all come about since today I am singing up for the 12 week body transformation by Michelle Bridges for the second time... The first time was round one this year and I was convinced I would fail before I started because it was the 'wrong time'. The main excuse was I was moving from Aus to NZ, needing to sell cars, possessions and find a new job. I told myself I was 'too stressed' to get up and work out for the day, I 'deserved' to get as much sleep as possible. Then in the evening I had too much to sort out, I could not 'waste' time exercising. Not to mention my food habits - feeling that I deserved to go out for nice lunches with my friends since I would not be seeing them for a while, or I had no time to shop... Excuse after excuse.

I do not want to keep creating excuses! My mum always said do not complain unless you are going to do something about it. So I am going to do something about it, now, before my health gets any worse and my excuses have a chance to get more elaborate. I want to change my habits to be the best version of myself. There is no such thing as 'good timing' because life is now!

No comments:

Post a Comment